Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
Mercy Community are currently looking for a motivated Lifestyle Facilitator to join our Aged Care Services team based in Nudgee. You will play a central role in delivering the provision of lifestyle services and supports for residents to maintain their independence and participate in a full and purposeful life through a range of activities which give meaning and engage each individual’s skills and abilities.
Reporting to the Leisure and Lifestyle Lead, your key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the model of care consistent with the philosophy, mission and values of MC - Aged Care Services.
- Identify each resident’s individual needs with respect to capacity, skill and preferences related to their lifestyle activities.
- Complete a lifestyle assessment for new residents and develop/review comprehensive, individual person centred care plans for residents in consultation with the resident, their family and relevant staff members.
- Encourage residents to exercise their rights, responsibilities and independence in decision making.
- Facilitate and lead activities; interacting directly with residents and encouraging the participation of residents, relatives and staff.
- Provide support, encouragement and education to care staff related to resident activity plans.
- Provide flexible mode lifestyle programs that offer various activities, e.g. 1:1, group, morning/afternoon/evening support.
- Report any issues of concern to the Leisure & Lifestyle Lead and complete documentation as required.
- Communicate effectively with the multi-disciplinary team, including participation in case conferences as required.
- Minimum of Cert III in Aged Care and Cert IV in Leisure & Lifestyle.
- Knowledge of documentation standards for lifestyle activities.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the legislatively required personal history check in line with service stream compliance requirements.
- Aged care experience – beneficial.
We’ll Offer You….
- Attractive hourly rate
- Permanent Part Time Role - 45 hrs a fortnight
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits
- Continued professional development opportunities
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and encourage you visit our website to find out more about Mercy Community.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via http://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/MCS819 Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.
Please Apply Immediately - Interviews will commence on receipt of applications.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.