Are you looking for a career with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focussed on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, family support, counselling, multicultural community support, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
Our Families & Young People Services Team currently have a permanent full-time vacancy for a Program Manager based at our Nudgee office, however the position will also support programs at multiple Mercy sites across Queensland and will require the successful applicant to travel.
We are seeking a motivated, proactive leader to contribute to the overall leadership and management of delegated MC services; delivering consistent implementation of best practice strategies to ensure the needs of children, young people and adults are met, giving them the opportunity to reach their full potential.
To be eligible for this position you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Behavioural Sciences, Psychology or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2 years’ leadership experience within a social welfare context including, team supervision, financial management and conflict resolution.
- Significant experience in providing assessment and intervention services for children, young people and families subject to statutory involvement.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- For applicable programs, evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MC procedure.
It is beneficial for candidates to have:
- A tertiary qualification in management
- Certificate IV Training & Assessment
- Experience in collaborative program arrangements with the Department, other service providers and key stakeholders
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice
As a Mercy Community employee, we’ll offer you:
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives
- Monthly supervision and professional support
- The opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing
- Continued professional development opportunities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (confidential counselling service)
- Career pathways for those wishing to grow within the company
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive work place
This position offers a competitive remuneration package of $94,275.00 - $97,990.00 gross per annum in line with level 8 of our Enterprise Agreement.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
To apply please head to this link: https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS977 and follow the prompts.
Applications must be completed online and include an updated resume and response to the selection criteria.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible, applications close at 9am on Wednesday 12 June 2019. Please note that Mercy reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate while this advertisement remains open.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.