Intensive Foster & Kinship Care Practitioner - Goodna
Are you looking to make a real change in the lives of families who are experiencing difficulty? A job where your professional skills will be put to the test daily? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package and receive training and ongoing development?
We are looking for a motivated Intensive Foster and Kinship Care Practitioner to join the Foster & Kinship Care Team at Mercy Community. This full time position will be based in our Goodna office, supporting the Greater Ipswich-Goodna area.
The Intensive Foster and Kinship Care Practitioner is responsible for leading and supporting intervention planning to ensure high quality out-of-home care and support for children, young people with their carers / families and where possible, to bring about needs-based change to reach their full potential.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Behavioural Sciences, Psychology or relevant discipline
- An understanding of child protection processes including a sound knowledge of, and sensitivity to, the range of issues impacting upon vulnerable families, young people and children, including cross-cultural awareness
- Demonstrated experience in working closely, creatively and appropriately with families, and engaging with them with a strengths-based focus to meet the social, emotional and psychological needs of the children and young people in their care
- Proven time management skills, with ability to balance and prioritise various client engagement, staff and administrative requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to analyse, evaluate and make objective judgements and articulate such in care plans and reports
- A demonstrated ability to produce written case notes and reports that are clear and structured, evidenced with sound theoretical understandings within a structured management and accountability framework, with strict confidentiality considerations
- Computer literacy, including proficient use of Microsoft Word and ability to use a client management system
- A Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver’s Licence, with the ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card), positive Police Check and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement
- Willing and able to work within a Christian context and Mercy Community’s mission, purpose and values
It is also beneficial for candidates to have:
- Skills and knowledge around the issues and practice directions in out-of-home care and working with children and families
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice
We’ll offer you…
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives
- The opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing
- Continued professional development opportunities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (confidential counselling service)
- Career pathways for those wishing to grow within the company
- Friendly and supportive work place
This position offers a competitive remuneration package of $37.57- $39.27 gross per hour in line with level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement (dependant on experience) and other benefits in line with our Agreement.
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focussed on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS892.
Applications close 9am Monday 21st January 2019, however we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible and reserve the right to interview suitable candidates and appoint to the position prior to the closing date of this campaign.
Applications must include an updated resume and a response to the requirements stated above within your cover letter (maximum of 2 pages).
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.