Disability Residential Care Workers
We want you! Do you have a passion for working with young people with a disability? If you’re an awesome Youth Worker, looking to start or further your career in Residential Care – we’re hiring!
Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of young people living with a disability? When you join Mercy Community, you are joining a team that is united by our desire to make a difference. We learn and experience something new every day, and we are supported by the professionalism and spirit of our colleagues and our Organisation.
Our Residential Care and Transition Services team currently have casual and part-time Residential Care Worker positions with experience working with young people with disabilities available to join the Mercy community in Townsville.
As part of a close team, you will provide support for children and young people with disabilities in a home environment. Working to structured plans, you will build long-term relationships with children and young people who often have complex behaviours, providing security, stability and consistency while building their capacity to form positive relationships with others. This role involves shift work, including sleepovers, weekends and public holidays.
- To be eligible to apply for this role, you must hold a qualification that meets the Minimum Qualification Standard for Residential Care Staff in Queensland. For a full list of recognised qualifications, visit https://peakcare.com.au/hopehealing/min-quals-res-care/
- Previous experience working with children/young people affected by trauma and disrupted attachment will be an advantage.
- You will have previous experience in and knowledge of the disability, allied health, welfare or education fields.
- You are passionate about working with young people who live with disabilities and have a commitment to a person-centred model of practice
- You are resilient, mature, patient and confident working with challenging behaviours such as verbal and physical aggression.
- Ability to work flexible hours, with a willingness to work within a 24/7 rotating roster, including overnight/sleep-over shifts and weekend shifts.
- You will be a problem-solver who works well in a crisis.
- You will have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with intermediate level computer skills.
- You must hold a current Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate
- You must hold a current Queensland Driver’s Licence and be able to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card), positive Police Check and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- You will be required to complete the online Hope and Healing Framework Foundations Training modules as part of your induction.
We’ll Offer You….
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives
- Flexible work arrangements with the option of casual or part time employment and shift work.
- The opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing
- Continued professional development opportunities and training including; Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training (TCI), Sanctuary, Model of Practice, Shadow Shifts etc
- Regular supervision
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (confidential counselling service)
- Career pathways for those wishing to grow within the organisation
- A friendly and supportive work place
Currently the position offers a competitive remuneration package of $34.05-$36.64 gross per hour (part time rate) (excluding loadings) OR $42.56-$45.80 gross per hour (casual rate) in line with level 4 of our Enterprise Agreement.
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
Want to join our team? Apply now via https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS1084 and follow the prompts.
Please ensure your application includes an updated resume and a response to the requirements stated above within your cover letter (maximum of 2 pages).
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible, applications close at 4:30pm on Thursday 10 October 2019. Please note that Mercy reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate while this advertisement remains open.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.