Human Resources Advisor
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of services in the areas of child protection (Residential, Foster / Kinship Care and transitional services), multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a community in which each member plays a unique part in reaching our unified Vision: ‘a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected’.
And no matter what part we play, our work is underpinned by the Mercy Community values: mercy, acceptance, excellence, dignity, empowerment and integrity.
Are you an experienced and motivated Human Resources professional looking to play a key role in the development of an employer of choice organisation focused on performance, resilience, continuous improvement, and living our values every day?
If you thrive on a challenge and appreciate that no two days are the same please read on.
Based in Nudgee, you will report to the HRBP in the Disability Services Support Coordination and Individualised Support service stream and work closely with our leaders in these operational areas to achieve shared organisational objectives, in particular designing and implementing HR systems and processes that support Mercy’s strategic organisational aims as well as providing day to day functional HR advice and support. This is a new role on a six month contract.
A normal day will involve:
- Acts as a single point of contact for the employees and line managers in the Disability Services service stream.
- Champion progressive interpersonal leadership skill development throughout Mercy by coaching, training and mentoring frontline leaders as required.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of HR/ER best practice, community services sector issues, and legislative requirements to provide accurate, timely and impartial advice to stakeholders in accordance with legislation, Mercy values and Code of Conduct.
- Assist to develop, embed, and monitor the practice of values-aligned HR frameworks, systems and organisational culture across Mercy.
- Manage complex HR matters in a consultative manner, taking into consideration an environment of conflicting priorities and deadlines, to achieve quality outcomes.
- Conduct methodical and objective investigations, or support the relevant stakeholder to conduct an effective investigation of employee relations issues including grievances and performance/ disciplinary concerns, recommend appropriate outcomes, and participate in industrial hearings as required.
- Initiate and develop key workforce planning interventions aligned with future industry and organisational needs, and act as a change agent.
- Tertiary degree in Human Resource Management, or similar field.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar Generalist HR Advisor role.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector, specifically community services. Experience in the Disability Services stream will be highly regarded.
- Good negotiation, interpersonal, consultation and communication skills.
- Ability to form effective stakeholder engagement.
- Experienced in leading performance improvement processes in line with legislation and best practice processes.
- Experienced in recruitment and selection processes, including e-recruitment systems.
- Knowledge or experience in managing Worker’s Compensation case management.
- Established HR metric, analytic and reporting experience and skills.
We’ll Offer You….
- An Attractive remuneration package.
- You will be a part of a supportive and encouraging team and be given a comprehensive induction.
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits to increase your take home pay.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities to ensure that you grow within your role at Mercy Community.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS1069. Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.
Please Apply by the 30th August 2019.