Support Coordinator (Cairns)
Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of people living with a disability?
When you join Mercy Community, you are joining a team that is united by our desire to make a difference. We learn and experience something new every day, and we are supported by the professionalism and spirit of our colleagues and our organisation.
This is a varied role, well-suited to a positive, autonomous and motivated professional with strong experience gained in the disabilities sector.
Based in Cairns and working under direction of the Service Development Manager you will be responsible for assisting NDIS participants to connect with and maintain a variety of relationships which will enable them to implement their NDIS Plan and achieve their goals and aspirations. This will be done by way of a specialist Case Management model of support. A normal day will involve:
- Supports a Participant’s readiness in formulating and articulating their goals and aspirations prior to their NDIS planning meeting
- Supports a Participant to advocate for a support package which allows them to meet their goals and aspirations
- Supports a Participant to implement the array of supports within their NDIS Plan
- Strengthens and supports a Participant’s formal and informal support network of providers, and ensure that services offered by these providers are person-centered and are tailored to meet individual requirements of the Participant
- Delivers bespoke training and support to a Participant to enable them to reduce reliance on coordination of supports by way of developing skills to manage the supports in their own life
- Provides the Participant and their Guardian/ family as well as the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) with regular reports on outcomes and success indicators, as they relate to a Participant’s stated goals and aspirations.
- Tertiary degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services, or related discipline.
- Highly demonstrable knowledgeable of the NDIS.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in case management and/ or case conferencing within the disability sector, health or associated human welfare sectors.
- Highly developed adaptable and person-centered communication skills.
- Strong networks with human services organizations (upstream and downstream) within the identified region.
We’ll Offer You….
- An Attractive rate paid in line with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
- You will be a part of a supportive and encouraging team and be given a comprehensive induction.
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits to increase your take home pay.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities to ensure that you grow within your role at Mercy Community.
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
Please Apply Immediately
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS1067. Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.