Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organization, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
We are seeking an ACFI (Aged Care Funding Instrument) Coordinator to join our Aged Care team on a permanent full-time basis, based at Nudgee.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Operations, this position is responsible for implementing, monitoring and developing the systems and processes across Mercy Community’s Aged Care Service (ACS) to manage and maximize aged care funding (ACFI) from the consumer’s entry to the residence. The role ensures the scheduling and distribution of ACFI submissions and the submission’s compliance with the relevant funding guidelines.
A normal day will involve:
- Assist in the consumer assessment process.
- Maintain and conduct aged care funding (ACFI) assessments while working closely with both management and care staff.
- ACFI assessments, maximizing funding and reviewing aged care funding (ACFI) processes to achieve best outcomes.
- Aged care funding (ACFI) documentation, ensuring all funding packs, systems and trackers are accurate and up-to-date.
- Enter and validate all aged care funding (ACFI) data into the Clinical Management System and monitor expiry dates, annual reviews and new admissions.
- Ensure all mandatory aged care funding (ACFI) submissions are made in a timely manner, with no defaults.
- Maintain current aged care funding (ACFI) knowledge and share information with the continuous delivery of training and education to all care staff, including day-today guidance and support.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge regarding the aged care funding framework.
- Proven experience in achieving aged care funding (ACFI) revenue targets.
- Preferably a Registered Nurse (RN), Enrolled Nurse (EN) or Allied Health Professional with AHPRA registration, but not mandatory
- Experience using an electronic Care Management System (CMS).
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Experience in the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of quality systems in medium to large organizations.
- Experience in evaluating workplace practices against accreditation standards, quality systems, and organizational policies and procedures;
- Ability to implement change in an aged care environment.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to obtain legislatively required National Criminal History Check as required.
We’ll Offer You….
- Attractive salary package
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits
- Supportive team culture to tackle the big challenges
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now via https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS1063 Please ensure your application includes a resume and cover letter.
Please Apply Immediately- interviews will commence on receipt of applications.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community. Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.