Learning and Development Advisor
Are you looking for a career with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organization that supports vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Mercy Community are seeking a full-time, fixed term Learning & Development Advisor to join our team for a 12-month Maternity leave period, based in Wooloowin (moving to Nudgee in the near future). This role will suit someone who is experienced in and enjoys content development and management of a learning management system (LMS), who is customer focused in providing learning opportunities to support current and future capability needs aligned to occupational and organizational needs.
This role is to backfill a 12-month maternity leave and reports to the Senior Manager Learning & Development. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Development of content applying best practice standards.
- Provide advice and input into design processes involving online/multimedia resources and associated LMS.
- Provide consultancy service to key stakeholders on learning and development for content development.
- Maintenance of the LMS including defining user roles, creating learning courses, managing attendance records to maintain training records.
- Provide accurate and relevant reporting of LMS activity to stakeholders and leaders
- Contribute to, and in some cases lead the management, evaluation and continuous improvement of L&D programs, resources, design systems and processes.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to prepare, undertake and maintain external licensing/accreditation requirements.
To be eligible for this position you will require:
- Strong content development skills with a passion for delivering best practice quality content design.
- Previous experience designing learning content (particularly online), using design tools to produce resources for diverse audiences
- Proficient in the recording and editing of audio in multimedia production
- High attention to detail
- Experience working on learning design and development projects and meeting agreed deadlines
- Strong data entry and excel skills
- An understanding of how content interoperability standards such as SCORM are used with LMS
- Excellent written, oral and visual communication skills with business focused approach
- Ability to provide service orientated design process advice to stakeholders, employees and leaders
- Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment would be beneficial
- Current Queensland Provisional Green or above Drivers License.
- Ability to obtain legislatively required personal history screening as required;
As a Mercy Community employee, we’ll offer you:
- Attractive salary package
- Generous salary sacrificing benefits
- Continued professional development opportunities
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives.
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website for more information.
To apply please head to this link: https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS1046 and follow the prompts.
Applications must be completed online and include an updated resume and response to the selection criteria.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible. Applications will close on Friday the 16th of August 2019, however Mercy Community reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate prior to the closing date of this campaign.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.