Residential Care Workers – Therapeutic Residential Services (TRS) and General Residence
Are you passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of young people? When you join Mercy Community, you are joining a team that is united by our desire to make a difference. We learn and experience something new every day and are supported by the professionalism and spirit of our colleagues and our organisation.
Our Residential Care and Transition Services team currently have multiple vacancies for Residential Care Workers to join the Mercy Community in our Therapeutic Residential Services Programs and General Residence on the West side of Brisbane.
As part of a close team, you will provide support for children and young people in a home environment. Working to structured plans, you will build long-term relationships with children and young people who often have complex behaviours, providing security, stability and consistency while building their capacity to form positive relationships with others. These roles involve shift work, including sleepovers, weekends and public holidays.
We currently have availability for fixed term part time contracts, with the opportunity to take on additional shifts to increase your hours. Please note that fixed term part time contracts may be extended, depending on ongoing funding.
- To be eligible to apply for this role, you must hold or be working towards a qualification that meets the Minimum Qualification Standard for Residential Care Staff in Queensland. For a full list of recognised qualifications, visit https://peakcare.com.au/hopehealing/min-quals-res-care/
- You are resilient, mature, patient and confident working with challenging behaviours such as verbal and physical aggression.
- Previous experience working with children/young people affected by trauma and disrupted attachment will be an advantage.
- You will be a problem-solver who works well in a crisis.
- You will have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with intermediate level computer skills.
- You must hold or be prepared to obtain a First Aid Certificate.
- Ability to do shift work, including sleepovers, and work weekends and Public Holidays
- The ability to maintain extreme confidentiality is essential when providing service to clients and external stakeholders from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- You must hold a current Queensland Driver’s Licence and be able to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card), positive Police Check and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures and societies and the issues which impact upon them in contemporary society together with a commitment to culturally appropriate engagement and practice is highly desirable.
We’ll Offer You…
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives
- The opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing
- Continued professional development opportunities and training including; Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training (TCI), Sanctuary, Model of Practice, Shadow Shifts, etc
- Flexibility and work life balance through shift work
- Regular supervision
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (confidential counselling service)
- Career pathways for those wishing to grow within the organisation
- A friendly and supportive work place
Currently the position offers a competitive remuneration package of $29.77 - $34.05 gross per hour (excluding loadings) depending on qualifications and experience, in line with level 3-4 of our Enterprise Agreement for fully qualified Residential Care Workers.
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend you visit our website at www.mercycs.org.au to find out more about Mercy Community.
To apply please head to this link: https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS1027 and follow the prompts.
Applications must include an updated resume and a response to the requirements stated above within your cover letter (maximum of 2 pages). Please indicate your preference to work in the following programs: Therapeutic Residential Services OR General Residence.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible, applications close at 4:30pm on Monday 22 July 2019. Please note that Mercy reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate while this advertisement remains open.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.