Family Response Facilitator - Family Child Connect
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on the provision of innovative and responsive services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, family mental health, community and residential based aged care and disability support services. We are a strongly committed team that works hard and truly lives our values – Mercy, Acceptance, Excellence, Dignity, Empowerment and Integrity.
Family and Child Connect is a Queensland Government funded initiative aimed at ensuring vulnerable families and children have access to high-quality services at the right time to help them to maintain the family unit. Children and young people are at the centre of this system, with supported and supportive parents, families and communities. The Brisbane Region Family and Child Connect is delivered in partnership with the Indigenous Family and Child Support Service, Kurbingui Youth Development Ltd and Mercy Community Services.
Our Family and Child Connect team has a permanent full-time vacancy for a motivated and passionate professional. This role is a part of an exciting program and is responsible for quality service delivery to children, young people, families and the community within the Family and Child Connect service within the Brisbane Region through assessment and recommendation of culturally appropriate responses.
To be eligible for this position you will require:
- Tertiary qualification in Child Protection, Human Services, Social Work, Psychology or related discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar role and/or a strong understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- Previous experience working effectively across a range of service providers, both government and non-government, to negotiate high quality service provision to families who have complex issues.
- Proven ability to engage and build rapport and trust quickly, listen effectively and manage behavioural responses including conflict, professionally; this includes a demonstrated ability to communicate sensitively and effectively.
- Demonstrated problem-solving approach with a focus on moving toward shared resolutions in relation to key issues affecting the individual or family.
- Ability to assess and provide suitable and culturally appropriate responses to relevant stakeholders, in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant Mercy Community procedure.
It is beneficial for candidates to have:
- Experience in strengths-based casework with complex families.
- Safety and Risk assessment skills.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of the Queensland child protection system.
As a Mercy Community employee, we’ll offer you:
- The chance to make a genuine difference in people’s lives
- The opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing
- Continued professional development opportunities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (confidential counselling service)
- Career pathways for those wishing to grow within the company
- Friendly and supportive work place
This position offers a competitive remuneration package of $76,688 - $80,151 gross per annum in line with level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement (dependant on experience) and other benefits in line with our Agreement.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
To apply please head to this link: https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS1022 and follow the prompts.
Applications must be completed online and include an updated resume and response to the selection criteria.
Please apply immediately as we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible. Applications will close at 4:30pm on Friday 09 August 2019, however Mercy Community reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate prior to the closing date of this campaign.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.